In the upcoming Sacred month of Karthika, Sri Siva Kameswari Temple is launching this new program called KARTHIKA DAMODARA SANCHARA SEVA – where devotees are welcome to invite Lord Sri Siva & Sri Parvati devi along with the family including Sri Maha Vishnu Shaligrama to your (devotees) respective homes and offer them Abhishekam, ‘Shodasha Upachara Pooja’ (Praying by offering 16 main upacharas or sevas), Alankaram followed by Aarti. This unique and innovative program was designed by Temple in order to offer you all the rare and special opportunity.
This was based on the ancient tradition known to most of you as ‘Tiruveedotsavam for the Perumaal” in the Special times such as Karthika and Dhanur masa (November and December months) in India. In this process, Lord goes around in a special chariot along with His Consorts and Pariwara (family) and visits all homes in the Mada Veedhi or streets close to the Temple. Devotees are personally blessed by the Lord and devotees offer with humility and gratitude some fruits, flowers and whatever they wish to and enjoy this festive, sacred moment.
This is how it traditionally happens in ancient Temples in India. As that is not possible here and now, it was modified to suit the current needs and times and we came up with this – KARTHIKA DAMODARA SANCHARA SEVA for you all. The main concept here is to invite Lord in to your homes and get His blessings to you all and your home too. Please take advantage of this and enjoy the Divine bliss and company in your home. This will take approximately about 2 to 2 and ½ hours for the whole process.
We will do this twice in a day. Booking have already begun from October 31st onwards. Please call or e-mail us to make your reservation. Prior reservation is a must. Please contact us at – firstname.lastname@example.org or at email@example.com for making your reservation or if you have any questions.
Sponsorship for this event is only $151.00/whole event plus Priest Dakshina. Priest daskthina is totally up to you based on your ‘shraddha, bhakti and shakti’.
For Prasad offering: Payasam or Chakrapongali.
Instructions and Ingredients
Thanks for requesting Karthika Damodara Sanchara Seva and choosing us to serve you for this event. It is indeed a great opportunity to be able to invite the Supreme Lord of the Universe along with His family to your home and be blessed. We want you to enjoy this event and that you should be completely benefited and that this event conclude as per schedule in complete accordance with all formalities. Here are some important instructions that you need to follow. So please be prepared with all the ingredients required and please adhere to the instructions given below:
Important instructions to be followed when Lord is being welcomed in to your home:
1. Please offer a warm welcome to the Deities with devotion while the lord is entering in to your home or premises.
2. Have the altar ready and nicely decorated with the best of whatever you have got.
3. Have the lamps ready to be lit with cotton wicks and ghee or sesame seed oil in the lamps all set up made.
4. Place all the fruits, flowers, Pooja items set in appropriate containers, ready to be used.
5. Please prepare the Prasad (you can make Payasam, Kheer, Chakrapongali or Halwa) to be offered to the Lord and have a lid or cover on it. Amount is up to you whatever you can make to be later distributed to all attending this event.
6. All the main hosts should be dressed in traditional cloths (Men Dhoti or Kurta and ladies in sarees).
Please enjoy this time and spend it with all your enthusiasm and happiness with almighty.
List of items needed for this events are as follows: –
1. Small quantities of
2. Turmeric powder,
4. Sandalwood powder in small bowls,
5. Some fruits and flowers of your choice,
6. 3 coconuts,
7. 3 small flower garlands,
8. Incense sticks,
10. Deeparadhana Samagri (includes one metal tray, with 2 small diyas, cotton wicks, ghee and decorated with few flowers in the tray and one match box),
11. 2 medium or large Brass or silver lamps, 1
12. 0-12 beetle leaves,
13. Beetle nuts about 5-6 pieces,
14. Pancha Amruthas in 5 different bowls (Please arrange milk, honey sugar, yogurt and ghee) small quantities separately in bowls.
15. 2 brand new towels,
16. Small amount of Cardamom powder, Cloves, Saffron and Paccha Karpooram (edible camphor) –total amount of the last four to-gather should be about 2-3 spoons configuration when mixed to-gather.
Important note: Please use all organic products only and it would be ideal if you can arrange for a small table for an altar if possible to seat the Lord and His Family. If you have any further questions, please contact us.