Siva Sanchara seva 2019
(Invite Lord with His Family to your home)
From Oct 28th , Oct 2019 – Nov 26th, 2019
2 slots a day Morning & Evening ,at Sri Siva Kameswari Temple , CA
Sponsorship for this event is only $116.00
plus Priest Dakshina.
(Priest dakshina is totally up to you based on your ‘shraddha, bhakti and shakti’.)
In the upcoming Sacred month of Karthika, Sri Siva Kameswari Temple is Offering this program called SIVA SANCHARA SEVA – where devotees are welcome to invite Lord Sri Siva (Sphatika/Cristal Linga) along with the family to your (devotees) respective homes and offer them Abhishekam, ‘Shodasha Upachara Pooja’ (Praying by offering 16 main upacharas or sevas), Alankaram followed by Aarti. This unique and innovative program was designed by Temple in order to offer you all the rare and special opportunity.
This was based on the ancient tradition known to most of you as ‘Tiruveedotsavam for the Perumaal” in the Special times such as Karthika and Dhanur masa (November and December months) in India. In this process, Lord goes around in a special chariot along with His Consorts and Pariwara (family) and visits all homes in the Mada Veedhi or streets close to the Temple. Devotees are personally blessed by the Lord and devotees offer with humility and gratitude some fruits, flowers and whatever they wish to and enjoy this festive, sacred moment.
This is how it traditionally happens in ancient Temples in India. As that is not possible here and now, it was modified to suit the current needs and times and we came up with this – SIVA SANCHARA SEVA for you all. The main concept here is to invite Lord into your homes and get His blessings to you all and your home too. Please take advantage of this and enjoy the Divine bliss and company in your home. This will take approximately about 1to 1.5 hours for the whole process.
We will do this twice in a day. Booking have already begun from October 28th onwards. Please call or e-mail us to make your reservation. Prior reservation is a must.
Please send us your Request for this service at – email@example.com .
For Prasad offering: Payasam/kheer.
Click Here to Submit Request
Instructions and Ingredients
Important instructions to be followed when Lord is being welcomed into your home:
1. Please offer a warm welcome to the Deities with devotion while the lord is entering into your home or premises.
2. Have the altar ready and nicely decorated with the best of whatever you have got.
3. Have the lamps ready to be lit with cotton wicks and ghee or sesame seed oil in the lamps all set up made.
4. Place all the fruits, flowers, Pooja items set in appropriate containers, ready to be used.
5. Please prepare the Prasad Payasam/Kheer to be offered to the Lord and have a lid or cover on it. Amount is up to you whatever you can make to be later distributed to all attending this event.
6. All the main hosts should be dressed in traditional cloths (Men Dhoti or Kurta and ladies in sarees).
Please enjoy this time and spend it with all your enthusiasm and happiness with almighty.
List of items needed for this event are as follows: –
1. Small quantities of
2. Turmeric powder,
4. Sandalwood powder in small bowls,
5. Some fruits and flowers of your choice,
6. 3 coconuts,
7. 3 small flower garlands,
8. Incense sticks,
10. Deeparadhana Samagri (includes one metal tray, with 2 small diyas, cotton wicks, ghee and decorated with few flowers in the tray and one match box),
11. 2 medium or large Brass or silver lamps, 1
12. 0-12 beetle leaves,
13. Beetle nuts about 5-6 pieces,
14. Pancha Amruthas in 5 different bowls (Please arrange milk, honey sugar, yogurt and ghee) small quantities separately in bowls.
15. 2 brand new towels,
16. Small amount of Cardamom powder, Cloves, Saffron and Paccha Karpooram (edible camphor) –total amount of the last four to-gather should be about 2-3 spoons configuration when mixed to-gather.
Important note: Please use all organic products only and it would be ideal if you can arrange for a small table for an altar if possible, to seat the Lord and His Family. If you have any further questions, please contact us.